Monday, September 10, 2007

Please Read This First!!!

Before I start on our history with Dan Stanton I need to state the following.

1. This blog is a place where I can easily show someone what not to do and what actions should be taken in the state of Massachusetts if there are problems with a home improvement contractor.

2. This blog is to chronicle our story and to raise awareness about homeowners who have to deal with bad contractors in Massachusetts.

3. This blog allows me to take action with my situation and chronicle the difficult task of fighting for my family.

4. One should consider this blog a public service announcement about bad home improvement contractors. One should not take this blog to mean that all home improvement contractors are out to rip them off. It just seems the bad outweigh the few.

5. The best thing you can do before any contract is signed is contact a lawyer and have the contract reviewed line by line. I can not over-emphasize this point. Paying a lawyer to review the contract would have saved us some pain in trying to make this work. We did not do this and why we did not will be discussed later.

I do not know how this will turn out. My goal is to make Dan Stanton take responsibility, or at the very least explain what went wrong with the project.

If you wish to share your experiences with us, then leave a comment or send an email. I would be happy to discuss this with you. That goes for you too, Dan.

No comments: